Senior Data Relationship Manager - EMEA
Salary £80,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 03 August 2018 2018-08-032018-10-02 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Senior Data Relationship Manager One of 2 positions in the EU, you will be responsible for representing the CDO team to Global and Banking Markets within this top tier investment bank. The ideal candidate wil have: - Data knowledge - FX/ Equities trade lifecycle experience - Is a strong communicator from either a Client Servie or Relationship Management background - Used to dealing with Senior teams (MD etc.)
- The GBM CDO function was initially established in July 2013 as part of a wider program to improve the management of data across the organisation. As the function has continued to evolve, the team is looking to build out stronger relationships across the GBM Business Units and Functional teams.
- The team has an existing structure that has been looking at “foundation” level CDO deliverables including:
- Data Quality including Data Quality Dashboard
- Data Quality Issue Management
- Critical Data Element (CDE) Management
- Metadata Management
- Data Sharing & Data Usage
- In addition, the team has been engaged in or has been driving key regulatory programmes including BCBS, GDPR, CCAR and FRTB.
- The broader COO organisation has been building out a Data Analytics function to start driving tangible data benefits through Data Science capability. The team is in its infancy but has picked up discreet use cases with tangible Business benefits or risk reduction.
- As this team continues to mature, the partnership with CDO and its stakeholder community will also grow – with a clear focus on the monetisation of Data and viewing this as an “asset” of the organisation.
- The core objective of this new role is to build stronger relationships with the Global Markets Business unit. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with key members of Global Markets, understanding their requirements, data challenges and identifying opportunities where CDO can support and partner with the teams.
- The aim will be to show how we can support the delivery of either regulatory milestones or to use Data Analytics capabilities to deliver tangible benefits.
- Core responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Understanding appropriate regulatory initiatives impacting Global Markets
- Understanding the key stakeholders in Global Markets
- Supporting the Global Markets Data initiatives and Future State architecture programme
- Work with the CDO teams to ensure Global Markets requirements are met in full
- Partner with the Data Analytics team to identify opportunities to deliver benefits to the Global Markets
- The EMEA CDO Global Markets Manager is based in London but is part of a global team and will require engagement and partnership with teams across the US, HK and any other applicable HSBC entity
Impact on Business
- Acts as a thought leader at executive management level, defining the data agenda for GBM, and constantly expanding the range of fields in which data, analytics and insight adds value to decision-making
- Owns and drives the adoption of the GBM DOM, data projects and initiatives for GBM globally
- Provides informed and independent data-driven expertise and insight at the centre of Global markets
- Works with COO to define, challenge and shape data projects which support the data agenda at a global level
- Within the GBM COO extended leadership team, champions the use of data-driven approaches to enhance decision-making across all major areas of activity
- Drives the impact of data and analytics in support of regulatory priorities
Customers / Stakeholders
- Anticipates future business needs and requirements and develops plans and proposals accordingly
- Influences the agenda of stakeholders based on own ideas and thought leadership
- Leads creation and delivery of analytical solutions designed to improve business profitability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis, review, and resolution of cross line of business Data Quality Issues raised as part of business self-certification, audit, or external regulators.