Client Implementation - Data Management
Salary £30 - £35 per hour
Consultant Emma Zerle
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-08-26 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global asset manager within the Client Implementation space. Good Data Management experience required. Please note, role is based in London.
High calibre candidate with a good working knowledge of the financial industry and a focus on exceptional attention to detail and data quality sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
The Associate assists in monitoring compliance of enterprise data policies, standards and business rules across the organization to ensure high quality and available data within the organization. The MDM Associate works closely with the Manager in managing Client and Account Domain data across multiple applications. The role also serves in a stewardship capacity for all the Client and Account Domain data elements, working closely with data consumers, record keepers as well as the respective IT support teams.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Assist in managing and maintaining client and account master data
- Data entry, report running and data reconciliation
- Complete requested changes to MDM components and attribute definition
- Assist in maintaining the data dictionary for MDM
- Assist in partnering with data owners to ensure coordination of data consolidation, cleansing, harmonization, testing, validation, and field mapping activities. Works with all areas of the business to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with local data owners and stewards on trouble shooting MDM related process issues
- Assist in working with the IT organization(s) to define a robust, scalable data structure that aligns with the business objectives of the organization and adequately supports the organziation (enterprise level and below)
- Develops and performs "logic" review to catch errors in defined global data fields and escalates or remediates errors.
- Resolve data issues and conflicts.
- Assist in continual improvement of MDM accuracy and maturity as new processes are implemented. Monitors and incorporates regulatory, compliance and other external requirements.
- Support the wider Client Implementation team with data related items
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) or Investment Management Certificate considered an advantage.
- Experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker or fund administrator.
- Knowledge of some of the key concepts around master data management, data standards and organizations.
- Some experience working alongside information technology and project management teams.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Demonstrated strong time management capabilities.
- Ability to independently plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent collaborative, organizational, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel with an appreciation for Database design and concepts.