Senior Controls Manager
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 30 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
This Senior Control Manager role is an excellent opportunity to develop your managerial experience. The key requiremnets are to: * Manage a team of 4, working closely with change, colateral and processing teams. * Transform and improve Control processes * Strong reconciliations, risk and control background
- We provide comprehensive global, regional and domestic securities services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency and sub-custody services.
- Treasury Operations is a dynamic department that works with partners across the business to deliver Securities Lending and Treasury Product services to clients. These services include Securities Lending on a Discretionary and Client Directed basis, FX processing, Cash Sweeping and Cash Forecasting.
- Reporting to the Head of Treasury Operations, this position is the senior manager of a well-established operations team who are responsible for the delivery of operational support to the Agency Securities Lending programme and Client Directed Lending programmes. The role holder will lead a team of analysts whose responsibilities include lender and borrower on-boarding, programme parameter maintenance, core system data integrity, pricing of the loan and collateral books and the calculation collection and distribution of lending fee revenue.
- The role holder will ensure our values are present in everything they do, both individually and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
Impact on Business
- Lead and manage the Control Team in the delivery of Securities Lending related services, with a specific focus on the on-boarding of new clients & borrowers, the application to lending systems of programme parameters and data, the accurate pricing of loan and collateral securities and the subsequent reconciliation of all key data elements.
- Ensure that the most appropriate organisational structure, systems, procedures and controls are utilised in support of the services provided, to meet challenging business targets and strategic plan objectives whilst maintaining a high quality of client service, mitigating risk and maintaining regulatory compliant status.
- Lead staff performance and drive the teams’ development, to include effective career plans, training schedules, structured objectives and motivating feedback through performance management.
- Re-engineer the operating model of the Control function through a period of significant growth in the services provided and the scope and volume of business supported, introducing automation and enhanced controls.
- Represent company interests in relation to Treasury Operations activities by participation in business and industry forums and by carrying out the oversight of internal and external suppliers and market counterparties.
- Set the strategic direction for the Control team and develop and implement that strategy.
- Streamline the processing functions by identifying automation and transformation opportunities and collaborating with the relevant change manager in their delivery.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient calculation, negotiation, receipt and distribution to clients of securities lending related revenue.
- Co-ordinate the of response to and resolution of live systems issues as they impact the securities lending business.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver the highest levels of service to clients, building long term trusted relationships demonstrating effective partnership with all stakeholders, including those within Treasury Operations, Securities Lending and Business Change and IT.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Form part of the Senior Management Team within Treasury Operations, building relationships with senior stakeholders inside and outside the immediate function.
- Create an engaged and motivated Team with a focus on recognition and open and honest two-way communication.
- Design and implement an effective business strategy for Control Team within the Treasury function
- Support achievement of the company vision, values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support the Head of Treasury Operations in executing a robust governance framework. Implement procedures, practices and standards to ensure service quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, and the impact of providing new services to clients.
- Ensure no high risk audit indentifed breaches from external reviews, with controls and management effectivness rated at a minimum as ‘effective’. All reviews to be completed on time with no adverse findings related to the teams’ actions, understanding or approach.
- Manage the impact of new services and increased business to the operating model while undertaking a comprehensive upgrade of the technology supporting the business.
- Effectively prioritise activities (and manage expectations) in the face of competing demands while maintaining the discipline required under policies and procedures across all processes.
- Implement change initiatives to the operational process driven by a rapidly changing service and product offering and ongoing regulatory change.