Salary £200 - £250 per annum
Consultant Anneline Klijnsma
Date posted 13 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting new contract opportunity for a Corporate Actions candidate with experience in Voluntary Corporate Actions!
- Receiving, validating and distributing information relating to financial instruments held by Prime Services or on behalf of Prime Service clients including corporate actions announcements relating to dividend/interest/coupon payments, corporate actions e.g. Reverse stock splits, stock dividends, stock splits, exchange offers, tender offers, spin-offs, rights/warrants distributions, etc.
- Processing of various Corporate Action events, including DRIP’s, SCRIP’s and Currency Options and facilitate the rights recall process. Liaise with various internal departments and external counterparties.
- Assist management, Prime Services Front Office and Prime Services Support teams in London and internationally to ensure that the operational efficiency and economy of the unit is maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures by coordinating the accurate and timely processing of applicable activities with the Prime Services Support teams.
- Act as a resource on trader enquiries for the Prime Services Front Office, providing weekly upcoming CA event reports, ad-hoc research and tax advice on positions.
- Resolution of problems relating to Corporate Action transaction processing, investigating and correcting stock breaks resulting from ex/record date settlement breaks. Reconciliation of the London Corporate Action control accounts providing daily updates and reasoning for all breaks for management.
- Provide Customer Service/Support to London Prime Services Front Office, ensuring identification of position ownership on all Corporate Action offers (Equities and Fixed Income) upon issuance of notices and bulletins. Confirming 100% instruction on all positons following up on uninstructed holdings with GPS Front Office and the Prime Services Support Teams.
- Facilitate any late deadline extensions on Voluntary Corporate actions for the Prime Services Support Team from international teams
- Responding to inquiries from other departments and branches globally and providing customer service in accordance with The Banks’s policies and procedures which includes liaising with various departments, depositories and external contacts to resolve a variety of problems.
- Good knowledge of equity securities and the issues that arise in connection with holding equity securities.
- Fundamental awareness of market risk, corporate action risk and exposure associated with processing corporate actions.
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex legal forms, documents and materials for a wide audience. Confidence to interact with both traders and clients to investigate and resolve queries.
- Thorough knowledge of securities industry procedures and conventions in domestic and foreign markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Dividend / Interest and associated Tax issues as they relate to the processing of payments and the movement of securities in the European and Asian markets i.e. withholding tax, stamp duty etc.
- Ability to manage caseload and respond to fluctuation volumes within tight timeframes and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.