Trade Support Prime Finance
Salary £50,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 29 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This Prime Finance role will be sitting with the Trading Desk with the Front Office Team. Providing Trade Support to the Trader and requiring in depth knowledge of Prime Brokeage, exposure to Prime Brokerage clients, cross product knowledge including OTC derivatives, SWAPs, TRS, Synthetic and Market Making products. With partiuclar focus on SWAP and TRS business. You will be competant with FIDESSA and Bloomberg systems and be able to liaise across multiple internal teams.
- To manage the day to day desk support functions for financial amendments and reconciliation management across equity products, ensuring a high level of service is delivered to the Front office. Act as the 1st line of defence in the Global Equities control environment
- The stakeholders include Front office, Asset Services, Futures Operations, Settlements and business managers.
- Focus of the role is to support the growth in the Prime Finance and OTC derivative space. Supporting the Portfolio Swap, TRS, Synthetic and Market Making business will be the primary focus.
- Ensure that all financial amendments to trade executions, impacting post booking functionality, are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Raise the Equity Trade Processing Management team profile, having regular discussions in place with regional hubs to ensure global consistency and best practises are being maintained.
- Be fully cognisant of business requirements, maximising value that role can add in a support capacity
Impact on Business
- Continuous Improvement culture with particular focus on driving down cancel and amend rates
- Continuously review processes with a view to streamlining and re-engineering. Particular focus to be placed on controls.
- Close control of exceptions monitoring within the Flow, including; exceptions grids, pnl and risks.
- Ensure the timely processing of all financial amendments to enable prompt confirmations to counterparty’s. To include: broker matching, client queries, physical expiries on Exchange Traded Derivatives.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Front office, Asset Services, Futures Operations, Settlements and business managers.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Self-motivate. Provide clear direction and give justification for decisions made ensuring messages are clearly disseminated at all levels.
- Support team when liaising with other business areas including the off shored sites.
- Teamwork – Create a good work ethic between yourself and other team members, making yourself available as and when assistance may be required.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Implementation of key controls to effectively manage operational risk for Equities business on a daily basis (regionally and globally) including FOBO client facilitation flow, FOBO proprietary flow, FIDESSA currency control grid
- Ongoing risk management of the support function, maintaining a low operating risk model and ensuring appropriate escalation in place
- Ongoing process improvements – technical and operational
- Develop the appropriate skill sets across desks and systems
- Build strong Business and Operations Management relationships
- Managing and Supporting the Front Office in London. Controlling flows between systems/regions.
- Maintaining a high level of control as the concentration of Operational functions shifts between London and the Hubs.
- Coverage of Global Equities business lines which include Structured Equity Derivatives, Equity Finance and Delta One,
- Particular focus on Portfolio Swaps, and TRS Business
- Support, guidance and direction from London Equities line management
- Ongoing day to day support from immediate supervisor and line manager, with the need for strong working relationships with peers in Equities (and other asset class).
- Strong working relationships with peers in MO type roles across other regions
- Strong working relationships with various trading desks
- Work with business managers across Equities
Management of Risk:
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Strong understanding of the Equity business
- Strong understanding of the different front office systems used to manage Cash Equities and Equity Derivatives business – Sophis knowledge would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve, articulate requirements and implement change
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills