Desk Assistant - Equities
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
AN exciting new opportunity as an Equity Desk Assistant in a leading International Investment Bank. This Desk Assistant role will be sitting with the Equities Front Office so the ideal candidate will be happy working within a demanding, fast paced environment. As an Equities Desk Assistant you must have in depth knowldege of the Equities product lines and the Trade Lifecycle.
Equity Desk Assistant Role Purpose:
- To manage the day to day desk support functions for financial amendments and reconciliation management across equity products, ensuring a high level of service is delivered to the Front office.
- The stakeholders include Front office, Asset Services, Futures Operations, Settlements and business managers.
- Ensure FIDESSA exceptions grids are controlled, with appropriate escalation and incident reporting in place along with supporting the OTC business and ensuring that key control reports are reviewed and action taken to remediate issues.
- Ensure that all financial amendments to trade executions, impacting post booking functionality, are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Raise the Transaction Management team profile, having regular discussions in place with regional hubs to ensure global consistency and best practises are being maintained.
- Be fully cognisant of business requirements, maximising value that role can add in a support capacity.
Impact on Business
- Continuous Improvement culture with particular focus on driving down cancel and amend rates
- Continuously review processes with a view to streamlining and re-engineering. Particular focus to be placed on controls.
- Close control of exceptions monitoring within FIDESSA, including; currency control grid, rejection screens.
- Ensure the timely processing of all financial amendments to enable prompt confirmations to counterparty’s. To include: broker matching, client queries, physical expiries on Exchange Traded Derivatives.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Front office, Asset Services, Futures Operations, Settlements and business managers.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Self-motivate. Provide clear direction and give justification for decisions made ensuring messages are clearly disseminated at all levels.
- Support team when liaising with other business areas including the off shored sites.
- Teamwork – Create a good work ethic between yourself and other team members, making yourself available as and when assistance may be required.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Implementation of key controls to effectively manage operational risk for Equities business on a daily basis (regionally and globally) including FOBO client facilitation flow, FOBO proprietary flow, FIDESSA currency control grid
- Ongoing risk management of the support function, maintaining a low operating risk model and ensuring appropriate escalation in place
- Ongoing process improvements – technical and operational
- Develop the appropriate skill sets across desks and systems
- Build strong Business and Operations Management relationships
- Managing and Supporting the Front Office in London. Controlling flows between systems/regions.
- Maintaining a high level of control as the concentration of Operational functions shifts between London and the Hubs.
- Cash Equity desk (main focus)
- Coverage of Global Equities business lines which include Structured Equity Derivatives, Equity Finance, Delta One, SBL and Listed Futures
- Support, guidance and direction from London Equities line management and other global Operations centres to ensure business best practice
- Ongoing day to day support from immediate supervisor and line manager, with the need for strong working relationships with peers in Securities (and other asset class).
- Strong working relationships with peers in MO type roles across other regions
- Strong working relationships with various trading desks
Work with business managers across Equities