Consultant Thomas Crick
Date posted 07 November 2016
A rare new opportunity has arisen within a top tier asset management firm. The opening is based in the City of London and is looking for a candidate who is a strong Transitions analyst.
Transitions Analyst role
You will plan and lead the end to end process of transition events including asset take-on / take-off activities, Pooled Fund in-specie events, Pooled and Client Fund restructures, unit switches, change of custody events and account terminations. The role requires extensive interaction with external Investment Managers and Transition Managers to ensure accurate and timely event completion.
- Extensive liaison with custodians to ensure the timely settlement of all free-of-payment trades
- Communication with internal parties and teams to provide status updates for all events
- Coordinate transaction processing including in-specie trade booking and resolution of any exceptions
- Draw upon industry experience to provide advice and consultancy for all participant parties on all aspects of client change events
- Update and completion of event checklists and information packs for each event, ensuring adherence to procedures, to facilitate risk free event support
- Deliver an exceptional client experience, before, during and after events
- Build and establish relationships with key internal partners
- Chair meetings with internal teams in preparation for, during, and post event
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation. Challenge existing processes where perceived risks and gaps exist
- Involvement in projects as assigned
- Strong working knowledge of Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, Pooled / Mutual Funds
- Working use of the systems Bloomberg and MS Windows applications in-particular Excel
- Operations experience gained from an Investment Manager, Investment Bank, Prime Broker, Fund Administrator or Custodian with particular focus on transition coordination and free-of-payment trades
- Preferably degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline
- Industry qualifications an advantage (e.g. IMC)
- Desirable Products/Systems/Experience
If you are interested in this exciting Transitions Analyst opportunity please contact me or click to apply.