Institutional Client Relationship Manager
Salary £40000 - £56000 per annum
Consultant James Allan
Date posted 01 November 2016
An exciting new opportunity has opened up in London within one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. In this role you will be working as an Institutional Client Relationship Manager providing investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds and also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds.
The Institutional Client Relationship Manager Role:
You will be working within the Institutional Client Services Group reporting to the Institutional Client Services, Director. The role is responsible for supporting, developing and maintaining business relationships with segregated clients (UK and International), UK pooled-fund institutional clients and international institutional pooled-fund clients. It requires you to work closely with the wider Institutional Client Service Team, EMEA Sales and key internal stakeholders.
- A good working understanding of institutional clients and prior experience working with them
- Prior experience in either relationship management or client services
- Strong Buy side knowledge
- Develop and maintain meaningful trust-based relationships with specific clients
- Develop relationships with key internal service providers to ensure a coordinated implementation of service deliverables as outlined in distributor legal agreements and IMAs
- Provide technical support and coordination to Institutional Client Services team, key clients, and internal departments, responding to ad-hoc requests for information
- Develop relationships with UK, EMEA and Asia Pacific sales staff and support teams to deliver joint service initiatives to key clients
- Ensure product changes are successfully communicated to key clients
- Ensure industry changes are fed into working practices and procedures
- Review IMAs and institutional client distributor legal agreements to ensure that service provisions are reasonable and achievable
- Contribute to the on-boarding of segregated clients, and where applicable, pooled-fund institutional clients. Co-ordinate meetings and maintain project documentation to support each client take-on
- Co-ordinate and/or attend key client due diligence or ad-hoc service meetings.
- Ensure client details and correspondence is maintained on Client Management Systems
- Assist Investment Operations in the resolution of mandate breaches where appropriate and report breaches to clients in accordance with internal procedures.
- Assist with the production of relevant regulatory documents
- Assist other Institutional Client Services Group business units and undertake broader team tasks and functions as directed from time to time
- A background of client relationship management gained within an asset management organisation
- Experience of leading multiple institutional client on boarding is essential (International experience is advantageous)
- Understanding of the environment; competitors, regulators, industry bodies, markets, client needs and solutions
- Understanding of accounting and valuation systems and procedures
- Understanding of the fund distribution/sales environment and the impact of future regulation
- IMC qualification (desirable)
If you feel you have the relevent experience for the Institutional Client Relationship Manager role, please apply directly.