Loans Closer Senior Associate
Salary Excellent Bonus
Consultant Daniel Connors
Date posted 28 October 2016
An opportunity has arisen with a leading European Asset Manager for a experienced Loan Closer to join their London operations. This is a great opportunity for individuals with loan closing experience on either the buy or sell side.
The team is responsible for the closing of Agency and Private Debt deals as well as assisting with settlements activity in Capital Markets. The Settlement functions cover a broad scope of asset classes including but not limited to Loans, Bonds, Structured Credit, Derivatives and FX. They work closely with Counterparties, Trustees, Custodians, Agent Banks and Clients to ensure prompt settlement of all trades.
- Managing a portfolio of trade settlements across all various lines of business, with the goal of settlement within the standards for settlement time
- Reviewing and understanding par/distressed standard documentation such as Trade confirmations, Transfer certificates, Proceeds Letters, Participation agreements, Multilateral agreements and Pricing letters
- Coordinate Bond/Structured Credit settlements with trade counter parties and Trustees via settlement platforms (Euroclear/DTC) or physicals if necessary
- Work closely with internal and external legal counsel, counterparties, and agent banks for successful completion of documentation and prompt settlement of loan trades.
- Identifying and escalating issues to the trading desk, in house legal and compliance teams as well as management when necessary
- Prepare and circulate daily pro form a cash statements to Management Team
- Participate in special projects such as technology advancements.
- Maintain and track settlements statistics on a weekly basis.
Desired Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Finance or related discipline
- Knowledge of Bank Loans required
- Knowledge of settlement processes (Euroclear/DTC/Clearstream) for Bonds, Structured Credit, Derivatives a significant plus
- Working knowledge of Wall Street Office and Clearpar required
- Knowledge of Advent-Geneva, Everest Black Mountain a plus
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, MarkitLoanServ and Markit Clear initiatives, a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel – knowledge of formulas a must (e.g.“vlookup, pivot tables”), Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity further please submit your details or call me on 02075098271.