Derivatives Technical Oversight Analyst
Salary £28 - £35 per hour
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted 30 September 2016
An exciting temp to permanent opportunity has arisen at a reputable asset manager based in the City of London within their OTC derivatives oversight area. You will have a solid working knowledge of OTC derivatives as well as experience in an oversight function.
This team is responsible for performance monitoring of external counterparty service provision; adherence to SLA’s and benchmarking, following a tiered service structure across the entire range of Broker & Custodian counterparts encompassing all asset classes.
As a Derivatives Technical Oversight Analyst, your main responsibilities would be:
- Provide support towards oversight of counterparty service provision provided to Operations teams and ensure Broker & Custodian counterparties adhere to requirements
- Prepare for and perform monthly Broker & Custodian service calls & face to face service review meetings
- Formal monthly reporting to internal management of counterparty service level experience
- Keeping abreast of external counterparty’s business strategies to anticipate future operational requirements
- Ongoing service monitoring/benchmarking of Custodians & Brokers across securities, Foreign Exchange & derivative products
- Manage the escalation and resolution of key operational and strategic issues
- Point of escalation for all internal staff and external counterparties, including clients
- Host counterparty service review meetings, document & communicate service gaps, work to resolve within agreed timeframes
Key requirements of the Derivatives Technical Oversight Analyst:
- Possesses a strong understanding of the overall trade life cycle process for cleared and non cleared Derivatives products, as well as securities & foreign exchange trade flows
- Experience within an oversight function
- Conversant with the operations functions custodians perform on behalf of an asset manager for a mutual client account set
- Excellent communication with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels.
- Able to maintain a friendly and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction by all employees with the Oversight team
- Some previous experience in a relationship management, operational, control or asset management environment
If interested in the Derivatives Technical Oversight Analyst position and have the necessary experience, please apply using the link provided.