Salary £70000 - £100000 per annum
Consultant James Allan
Date posted 19 September 2016
An opportunity has arisen with one of the pioneers within the quantitative Hedge fund market to source an Operations Manager to join their London office within a newly created role. The role will sit within the trade support function acting as the Operations Manager and oversight of a team of 4, responsible for all trade support activities.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- To accurately check that trades reported by traders align correctly with broker versions for all of the products that the Company trades, and liaising with the trading team regarding trade discrepancies that arise
- Liaise with executing and clearing brokers on a day-to-day basis to correctly list all new and outstanding account discrepancies, including following up with brokers regarding the status of outstanding items
- Resolve queries received from clearing brokers in a timely and accurate fashion
- Perform daily financial reconciliations of the account balances, positions, trades and prices in a timely and accurate manner
- Effectively maintain customer commission rate set-ups within the client accounting system in accordance with the rates charged by clearing the brokers
- Make timely and accurate journal to the client accounting system in respect of cash, foreign exchange, commission, interest and profit and loss adjustments
- Assume the managerial responsibilities over a team of 4 trade support employees.
- Act as the business representative for all Trade support related activity e.g. presentations, meetings etc.
You will have worked as a head of trade support within a large investment manager or alternatively a head of operations within a boutique investment manager/hedge fund. Equity derivatives experience is highly desired. Strong academics from a good university is an essential requirement too.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Operations Manager role, please do apply directly to the position or contact me on 02075098895 or email@example.com to discuss further.