Chief Data Officer
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 02 September 2016
Tesco Bank provides a range of products including insurance, mortgages, current accounts, credit cards, savings and loans. The Bank, which is wholly owned by Tesco Plc, a national supermarket chain, is seeking a Chief Data Officer (CDO) to drive significant growth opportunities, capitalising on the brand loyalty of their customers.
Tesco Bank has a clear a vision of enterprise data, managed as a service in support of data-driven decision-making. The new CDO will be primarily responsible for making that vision a reality.
This is a newly emerging position in Tesco Bank and reflects the strategic role that data will play in the bank transformation to a data driven, customer centric bank. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer the CDO will work closely with the executive leadership team, the CIO, strategic partners and colleagues across the bank to improve the way data is collected, stored and used to drive better business outcomes.
The CDO will need to be the overall data strategist and adviser to the business; a steward for improving data quality; an evangelist for reusing data assets; a technologist to continuously improve the provision of data to our customers, colleagues and business processes; and a developer of new data products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a data-as-a-service across the bank, including coordinating how the bank provides APIs
- Decrease the cost of managing data and increasing the value of the data the bank processes
- Improve how the bank collects, uses, manages, and publishes data internally and externally
- Ensure that data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely in support of the mission and objectives of Tesco Bank and Tesco Group
- Co-ordinate the governance of data assets, data driven business processes, business decisions and services across the bank
- Align and standardise the data models and the associated controlled vocabularies required to harmonise data collection and its use
The ideal candidate will have a holistic understanding of the environment in which the bank operates. You will have proven data experience at a senior level along with a track record of successfully leading teams dealing with large, complex data landscapes with different reporting and analytics requirements. A professional qualification, degree or post-graduate degree in IT or a data related subject would be an asset. In addition, you will have the ability to represent and understand the perspective of all internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please forward your Curriculum Vitae to Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters, 3 Hardman Street, Manchester M3 3HF. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)161 214 7400. Web: www.robertwalters.co.uk