Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Consultant: Callum May
Job reference: 50999593/001
Date posted: 17 January 2024northern-west banking-financial-services/insurance 2024-01-17 2024-03-17 accountancy Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 28000 33000 33000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An rapidly growing insurance firm we are working with exclusively are seeking a highly-motivated, persuasive professional with effective communication skills to join their successful and established Recoveries Team as a Litigation Handler. Reporting to the Recoveries Lead, you will be responsible for proactively managing a portfolio of cases suitable for recovery by litigation through to settlement. You will be the key link between Panel Lawyers and the business.
What you will be doing:
• Triage incoming cases for litigation, only instructing Lawyers on value added cases.
• Proactively managing a portfolio of litigated cases and cases suitable for recovery by litigation through to settlement.
• Operate with a progressive approach to take individual claims strategies and the business forward.
• Key link between Panel Lawyers and the business.
• Ensure indemnity spend is minimized by commercial decision making.
• Maximise recovery potential and achievement through applying a tactical approach to the portfolio.
• Application of accurate reserves in line with company guidelines.
• Apply strategic knowledge weighed against commercial decision making to either instruct Lawyers, deal in house or attempt settlement.
• Manage a portfolio of litigated cases via virtual lawyer systems and prior to procedural junctures agreed by each business strategy.
• Prompt and thorough indemnity, liability, recoverability and fraud investigations on all matters
• Effective use of schedules to minimise hire duration and indemnity spend.
• Assist with Ad-hoc tasks as the business needs dictate.
What we’re looking for:
• Persuasive, strong and confident communicator with the ability to manage portfolios.
• Strong practical knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
• Ability to use own initiative to explore all options to achieve the best outcome for the business.
• A motivated self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.