Cash Management Analyst
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 16 September 20192019-09-16 2019-11-15 banking Telford Shropshire GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rarely available Cash Management Analyst position has just become available at one of the most respected insurance firms based in North Birmingham. Reporting directly to the Head of Investment, this role offers outstanding career progression for a Cash Management Analyst who is a leader in their field.
About the Cash Management Analyst role:
In this business-critical Cash Management Analyst position you will be responsible for providing the firm with the relevant market experience and Cash Management best practise as this team continues to establish its processes, systems and evolves.
• Participation in the day to day Team operations of the Cash Management department
• Input payments into banking systems
• Checking of liquidity and funding requirements and proposing funding movements
• Adhering to controls on all Cash management functions
• Inputting timely instructions of payments internally across all portfolios (BACS/CHAPS)
• Inputting timely external payments within quality guidelines
• Provide input / testing in the conversion to Swift from internet banking platforms
• Inputting custody messages to agent banks and fund managers
• Performing reconciliation functions and the speedy clearance of aged breaks
• Check position keeping and ensuring that cash projections are accurate / investigated
• Perform daily reporting of end of day unsecured balances with banks
• Input payments and understand how high value transactions settle – revolving credit, debt, dividends and group loans ETC.
• Minimum of 1 years of relevant Cash Management experience in Banking or a Corporate
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of Swift messaging on payments, custody and statements
• Experience of understanding Swift formats and population of swift fields
• Ability to communicate with all internal and external parties and understand risks / deliverables
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Proven relationship builder - ability to influence in a complex, cross-functional environment
The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity for somebody with a Cash Management background of at least one year within a Bank or Corporate who is seeking to impart their knowledge and join a small team to assist with the continued development of the function within the group and continue to broaden your experience of Cash Management.
Apply today or call me on 0121 281 5000 to find out more.