German Speaking Relationship Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 18 November 20192019-11-18 2019-12-18 financial-services London London GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
German Speaking Relationship Manager - MUST BE A FLUENT GERMAN SPEAKER - 3+ years experience in Asset Management, Investment Management or Hedge Fund or similar - Relationship or Client Management experience a must
My Client is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
My client is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. My client continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
- My client manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Develop and maintain exceptional level of relationship and sales support to clients on behalf of Country Head and Client Directors, acting as the first port of call for a client.
- Own and co-ordinate the successful resolution of client enquiries, liaising and utilising expertise from around the business. Seeking Guidance from Client Managers and CDs where necessary
- Provide high level technical support, demonstrating an understanding of a client’s decision making process and long term objectives. Be able to answer complex queries as well as identify business opportunities and threats. Seeking Guidance from Client Managers and CDs where necessary
- Identify and follow up on leads and sales opportunities with the intention of maximising revenue
- Attending meetings and conference calls where required and take sole responsibility for audit and operational meetings when opportunities arise
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge in areas such as products, brand, services and competitors in the market. Develop and maintain knowledge of the current investment market, economic issues and company views, enabling you to discuss solutions with clients and consultants.
- Prepare meeting packs for client meetings and new business pitches
- Maintain excellent working relationships around key business areas at all times
- Work with areas of expertise around the business to project manage ad-hoc queries, data requests and client change, thought to completion in line with client expectations
- Oversee and assist with the production of legal documentation, reports and client specific data relevant to the clients investment strategy
- Strong academic background
- Experience within the investment management industry including providing an exceptional level of client service and sales support
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Institutional client experience
- Strong workflow management experience
- Strong overall Investment knowledge including an understanding of the different investment vehicle options
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of current investment market and economic issues
- Excellent IT skills
- Must possess a good level of ‘gravitas’ and maturity
- Highly team-orientated
- Work to and share best practice
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organised
- Proactive and proven to work on your own initiative
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Duration of Contract
- 12 months