Salary £110,000 - £130,000 per annum
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 financial-services London London GB GBP 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Currently working with a Medicinal Cannabis & Ancillary Fund set to launch in Q4, looking to hire an Investment Director. The main tasks of the role will be analysing investment opportunities for the new fund, closing transactions, and post deal management, and more importantly identifying & implementing a target operating model for the new fund. Feel free to reach out for more information, or apply and will get back to you. Candidates with Consumer backgrounds would mostly be of interest, however any transferable industries are welcome.
The role will take two main aspects:
- Analysis of investment opportunities for the new fund/closing transactions/post deal management/sitting on the investment committee
- Working with the COO to identify and implement a target operating model for the new fund
The fund will target hemp and medical cannabis opportunities with an initial target US$175m AUM aiming to capitalise on a market expected to reach over £200bn over the next decade. They already have $40m committed with another $75m to be confirmed on a matched basis so far.
Whilst yet to be confirmed the fund will be domiciled in either Luxembourg, Dublin or Quebec with investments initially focused on North America, The UK and Continental Europe, with various feeder funds
Required Experience - the Investment Director will need to:
- Have extensive investments experience (8+ years exp) – industry agnostic, however would lend itself to someone from a consumer background.
- Have worked in a boutique environment where they have setup a fund from scratch or have an intimate understanding of the operational infrastructure required
- Be flexible in being able to travel extensively through Europe and the US
- Have the aptitude and energy to drive this forward
- Ideally this individual would be available to start at short notice