Salary £32,000 - £36,000 per annum
Location South West LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 financial-services South West London London GB RH2 9PQ GBP 32000 36000 36000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join a global leader in the Asset Management sector as an Investment Analyst based in their offices in Reigate. As an Analyst you will help design, model, present, arrange, implement and then monitor derivative-based investment solutions, for mainly UK-domiciled pension schemes. This is both in a pure-matching capacity as well as a tailored, more efficient deployment of the growth (i.e. risk-taking, return-seeking) portfolio.
- Model and develop an understanding of cashflow liability data in order to determine interest rate and inflation-type sensitivity.
- Develop knowledge of swaps and derivatives markets in order to assist more experienced team members to design and critically evaluate different liability-based investment solutions.
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Deal professionally and incisively with investment banks and asset managers in order to contribute to the understanding of their execution capability and pricing keenness.
- Liaise with members of the wider Investment business and other businesses (eg Retirement, RCS) in order to gain the necessary data and understanding of the client’s needs.
- Deal with Lead consultants in order to iteratively provide a suitable solution, presented well with delivery in a timely manner.
- Support senior team members in construction and delivery of presentations to clients.
- Some work experience gained through working at another investment firm (for example another investment consultancy, asset manager) in a similar capacity
- Some liability knowledge, likely obtained through pursuit/achievement of CFA, Actuarial or Financial Engineering qualifications
- Some knowledge of traditional asset classes
- Honed working practices to deliver timely and accurate solutions, sometimes at short notice
- Team-player; able to fit seamlessly into a team of senior and more junior people all focused on delivering work of exceptional quality
- Good IT skills (especially Excel)
- Knowledge of derivatives (particularly Sterling Rates/Inflation) and investment consulting regimes in regard to UK pension schemes would be preferable but not essential.