Trainee Company Secretary
Salary £20,000 - £28,000 per annum + ICSA funded
Consultant Henry Rymer
Date posted 14 May 20192019-05-14 2019-07-13 financial-services London London GB GBP 20000 28000 28000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The client is looking for a graduate level candidate to cover the overall functioning of the company secretarial team in London. The main objectives is to work closely with the Co-Sec team to support the smooth running of the company's governance and administrative activities.
The successful Trainee Company Secretary candidate will report to the Associate Company Secretary (who has been promoted from this trainee role for the investment management client in the London office.
Board and committee administration:
- Provide company secretarial support to boards and committees as required
- Help schedule the annual meeting timetables for all entities
- Manage schedules of matters arising and action lists for entities and committees
- Manage general meeting organisation and calendar invitations
- In time, attend meetings and produce minutes for certain entities or committee meetings as well as assist with the writing of Co-Sec reports to the Ex-Com and Management Board
Support the maintenance of the group's statuary registers and formal records:
- Assist in maintaining the statuary records
- Assist in Companies House filings
- Assist in the of written resolutions and notices of meetings.
- Proactive and 'can-do'
- Attention to details
- Exceptional communicator
- Desire for self-development
Skills and experience:
- Graduate level candidate
- Strong command of written English and good grammar
- Proven administrative skills
- Comfortable learning to use new systems quickly
- Knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word
The company has over £2 billion under management. It manages investments on a discretionary basis for individuals, trusts, charities, companies and pensions as well as collective investment schemes.
The successful applicant will be expected to pass the ICSA CSQS qualification, and they will be supported in this with appropriate study leave and financial support. The Co-Sec team aims to act as a role model of a high performing team and provide a meticulous level of service to the business.
If you are a driven candidate looking to make the right step in to the Co-Sec world, this is a great opportunity for you. Please direct all of your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to contact on 0207 509 8119.