Equity Research Analyst/Manager (Generalist)
Salary £60,000 - £100,000 per annum + competitive bonus
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 05 February 2019 2019-02-052019-04-06 financial-services London London GB GBP 60000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
There are mulitple open vacancies here for an industry leading boutique investment advisory business based in Mayfair who are looking to expand. If you have experience in Manager Research, Manager Monitoring in Equities or Fixed Income, this could be an exciting opportunity for you. Candidates must have full working rights as frequent international travel would be required (USA notably).
- Scout and research any potential sources of new manager names in order to generate a steady stream of new leads. Build and maintain a network of relevant contacts within the investment industry as a basis for high quality referrals and primary research, as well as ongoing monitoring of information sources.
- Drive the due diligence on identified managers and follow the Company's manager research process. This will include gathering qualitative and quantitative information, including operational compliance due diligence, performing detailed analysis of portfolios, assessing their consistency with the manager’s investment approach, preparing and presenting investment analytics/meeting papers prior to manager research meetings, attending research meetings, etc.
- Document and record all aspects of the due diligence process, and deliver high quality packages for short listed managers in line with internal audit review standards. Identify and clearly explain key areas/risks/weaknesses to be monitored should the manager be appointed. Document decisions relating to why managers have made their way onto short-lists, why managers have been rejected.
- Actively and efficiently liaise with investment manager analysts on portfolio analytics and overall supporting research activities as well as with client consultants and clients in relation to the investing requirements with the client consulting agreement.
- Prepare recommendations to the Investment Committee for addition to the short list.
- Proactively assist the Head of Manager Research with the on-going enhancement of the research process, its tools, procedures, and initiatives.
- Achieved 2:1 at degree level or equivalent
- Educational background in investments and/or finance (CFA qualification would be an advantage), with knowledge of security analysis, equity related instruments and portfolio theory/performance attribution;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related role is a requirement (i.e. manager research, portfolio analysis, manager due diligence)
- Previous investment experience in a fund management organization, investment bank or experience as an Equity Analyst would be a clear advantage;
Specific Skills :
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ‘forensic’ focus on portfolios and securities represent an important prerequisite for this role;
- Ability to form evidence-based conclusions (on investment strategies and listed stock investment case studies).
- Ability to demonstrate depth of analysis (qualitative & quantitative)
- Excellent literacy and writing skills are required;
- Strong understanding of fundamental investment ratios/statistics/analytics e.g. P/E, P/B, ROE, DCF, liquidity analysis
- An understanding of investment styles, their nuances and how they mix in a multi-manager package would be a plus
- Working experience of Factset and Bloomberg would be preferable.
- High degree of computer literacy, and strong Excel skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and use initiative;
- Flexible attitude and adaptable in day-to-day activities;