Assistant Investment Manager
Salary £25,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 14 November 2018 2018-11-142019-01-13 financial-services UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An excellent opportunity is available for an Assistant Investment Manager to join a leading independently owned provider of investment management, based in Birmingham, which provides investment services for private individuals, charities and institutions. They operate from several offices across the UK.
A competitive salary is on offer depending on experience of the candidate and if training will need to be provided.
- Support in constructing & maintaining suitable portfolios for investment clients taking into account client’s requirements, circumstances and tax situation, client’s appetite for and ability to bear risk, diversification and asset split and Know Your Client regulations
- Support in evaluating different classes of asset and selecting appropriately for inclusion in client portfolios
- Support in evaluating the impact of stock/fund specific, market and general economic indicators and taking appropriate action within client portfolios
- Client Management
- Investment research
- Regulatory and Risk Management responsibilities
- Holds a current Statement of Professional Standing (SPS), having completed appropriate CPD or be working towards
- CISI Wealth Masters qualification (or level 7 equivalent) or be working towards
- Experience of working within an investment management environment servicing high net worth private individuals, institutions and charities.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and investment markets with a good knowledge of key industry trends and best practice within the private client sector.
- Knowledge of financial products and asset allocation techniques, together with a general understanding of tax planning considerations for individuals.
- Experience of operating within the FCA regulatory framework, with working knowledge and understanding of current legislation and future regulatory developments.
- Experience of operating within a risk management framework together with an understanding of the risks and threats pertaining to a private client business.
This is an excellent opportunity with fantastic growth potential where full training will be provided for the right individual. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at email@example.com