UK Institutional Client Service Manager - Buy side
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 09 November 2018 2018-11-092019-01-08 banking UK
Calling all Buy side Client Service Managers with experience of UK institutional clients, particularly pension funds. Key skills: - proven people manager, must demonstrate strong people team development experience. - Client Service expert and happy being the escalation point - Keen to challenge the established order, presenting inventive solutions to problems and keen to implement new and improved procedures
As one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. We continue to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
The principal function of the Client Order Management Team is to provide an efficient low risk environment for capturing all IMA client fund capital movements and pooled funds orders for LGIM’s clients. Instruct Transfer Agents for orders placed by clients and internal departments and follow through to execution.
The role of the Supervisor is to work closely with the department manager and supervisors to ensure business as usual functions are executed in a timely manner and developing / coaching the team to increase skill set and maintain high standards.
We manage fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Proactively oversee the Client Order Management Team.
- Identify processes and service enhancements, or potential risks, to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard and remains fully compliant.
- Manage the resolution of complex outstanding items, business issues and rectify anomalies to ensure high-level of customer service.
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimised.
- Represent the team, department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner, developing good working relationships with all internal and external parties.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform operation processes and system.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issues. Recommend changes to procedures and implement, ensuring that they are scalable, repeatable and efficient. Participate in department wide reviews of procedures where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with manager/staff fostering credibility and influence towards developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share best practise and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Produce insightful and meaningful MI reporting to management highlighting trends, analysis, errors.
- Recruit, develop and engage team members seeking continuous improvement in both quality standards and productivity.
- Ensure team proficiency through pro-active performance management. Proactively identify training and development needs of staff which provide a focus for delivery in line with department objectives and Ops strategy.
- Feed into the management and implementation of projects/initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining effective Client and Service Provider relationships, working closely with relevant parties to ensure service provision supports team’s objectives/goals
- To maintain procedure manuals, task lists and Risk Maps as necessary and ensure procedural enhancements are implemented and communicated to team members as required. Continuously review controls to ensure in line with current business processes.
- End to end understanding of team’s tasks and how they relate and impact to all processes, ensuring standard ways of working are applied consistently.
- Be accountable for sign-off of teams Risk Management System controls. Continuously review controls to ensure in line with current business processes.
Robust technical unit dealing and pooled lifecycle experience
- Microsoft Excel intermediate level
- Strong experience of oversight and processing controls/knowledge.
- In depth understanding of key Investment Management activities, including excellent understanding of fund management and investment operations processes and instruments including Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Cash Management, Settlements and Custody
- Provable experience of challenging historic working practises, suggesting process improvements with the support and buy-in from your team.
- Proven experience of dealing with and influencing staff/peers and across teams.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Self-assured networking across Front Office, Institutional Business &Investment Operations environments.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to understand issues, find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to challenge debate and influence internally and externally.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearly and logically.