Buy Side Regulatory Reporting
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Andrew
Date posted 19 September 2018 2018-09-192018-11-18 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Looking for Buy side, Regulatory experts. Experience should include MiFIDII, EMIR exposure for a minimum of 2 years, strong systems capability (VBA/Macros/SQL) and robust examples of Reporting and Control implementation
Role Title: Regulatory Reporting Associate
Business: Asset Management
- The Regulatory Reporting Associate will support day-to-day transaction reporting requirements for the business, including but not limited to MiFID, EMIR and AIFMD. This position will focus on core processing – identifying reporting issues and resolving exceptions. The associate will work with internal and external teams to implement robust controls, facilitate UAT, as well as providing status updates to management.
- In addition the incumbent will need to stay abreast of developments within the regulatory reporting space.
EMIR Daily Reporting: Produce and validate upload files into our Global Trade Repository (UnaVista), reviewing and resolving exceptions within the allotted timeframe to ensure no breaches in daily reporting. Identify recurring issues and work with IT to implement fixes including UAT where necessary.
MiFID Daily Reporting: Review exceptions on a daily basis to ensure no breaches, raising any potential issues as they arise and understands the 3 lines of defense model.
Leverages knowledge of regulations, financial markets and instruments to identify and resolve reporting issues.
Participate in the governance of the Regulatory Reporting processes ensuring M.I. is timely and meaningful and future process and regulatory changes are implemented compliantly.
Completes auxiliary daily functions, including investigating any ad-hoc requests from internal teams.
Work closely with the Compliance department to ensure policies and procedures are being implemented, reviewed and maintained.
Work with Business Transformation / Change teams to implement new regulatory requirements, this includes writing test scripts and UAT.
Regulatory issues to be understood and articulated clearly to senior management and Compliance. Issues to be managed to closure.
Impact on Business
Central point of contact for Regulatory Reporting for The Asset Management Team
Working within the AMEU Regulatory Reporting team responsible for the monitoring and remediation of issues within the Regulatory Trade reporting for DFA and EMIR amongst other regulatory requirements.
Reviewing the regulatory trade reporting reconciliation daily
Investigating breaks, achieving resolution and escalating issues
Recording required fixes to the process
Coordination with Ops, IT, Trading Assistants and Business management to clear down all exceptions
Participating in the governance of the Reg reporting process
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provision of high quality service levels to all parts of AMEU business streams and both internal and external clients at all times.
- Ensure regulatory, risk and internal audit standards are achieved at all times.
- Promote a "can do" attitude and always willing to help and assist whenever possible.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead by example, demonstrating core behaviors and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination.
- Work collaboratively across AMEU business teams and other entities.
- Foster strong relationships with Product, Compliance, Risk and Finance colleagues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations for the private client business operations.
Ensure the Group FIM is adhered to at all times across the UK Business Operations or appropriate dispensations are in place.
Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Local Job Requirements
Maintain and continue to develop a robust, efficient and accurate Regulatory Reporting process.
Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the overall success of the department and Asset Management.
Help to implement accurate and relevant MI reporting for UK Business Operations Team.
Knowledge and experience of FCA and EMIR Trade reporting.
Understanding and knowledge of how to effectively review and clear reconciliation breaks
Has experience of producing meaningful management information to a varied audience.
Customer focused, able to commuincate at all levels.
Established individual with a good track record who is motivated, focused and free thinking.
Strong working knowledge of computer applications such as Excel.
Demonstrates ability to work in a fact paced enviroment working with multiple responsibilities.