Relationship Director North West - Development Finance
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading financial services organisation is currently seeking a Relationship Director to join their development finance team. With a focus on the North West, the purpose of the role will be to assess development finance applications and their associated risk profile whilst having input into lending strategies/processes, product design, training and sales effectiveness.
Key duties include:
- Securing new business predominantly in the North West in line with individual targets.
- Negotiation of new facilities and amendments/increases to existing facilities.
- Preparation of Credit submissions.
- Management of relationships with existing customers within portfolio.
- Profitability of portfolio.
- Overview of reports on title, valuation and initial project monitor reports received from professionals acting for the business
- Preparation of internal reports as required by the Managing Director of Development Finance or other senior managers.
- Management of problem accounts to include, where necessary, the appointment of a Receiver or Administrator.
- Monitoring and review of the loan portfolio to ensure no material cost over runs arise and that covenants and conditions are met.
- Overview of project monitor reports/valuations of work in progress on drawn loans
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Specialist knowledge of property development with a particular focus on the North West region
- Proven track record assessing development finance applications and their risk profile
- Ability to demonstrate a full understanding of the impact of regulatory and legislative requirements on the company’s lending strategies.
- Consistently demonstrate a clear understanding of the factors that will, or have the potential to, impact how the company participates in the lending market place and the likely commercial impacts.
- Abilitiy to identify and articulate the risks and opportunities for the company and be able to investigate and recommend ways to mitigate these.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation with agile lending parameters and pricing strategies and the long term career opportunity to build a team. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this vacancy will close shortly.