Fund Accounting Manager - Real Estate Investments
Salary £60,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 26 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A great opportunity with a large investment manager based in central London has become available. They are in need of a manager level fund accountant to provide support in the real estate area.
A great opportunity with a large investment manager based in central London has become available. They are in need of a manager level fund accountant to provide support in the real estate area. The focus of the function is on meeting stakeholder reporting requirements, maintaining an effective control environment and minimising risk.
- Fund accounting, reporting and valuation
- Proactively manage a team of Fund Accountants and Supervisors to provide fund accounting, fund valuation and financial control services to a portfolio of funds.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly fund valuation and accounting (as required)
- Perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring controls and procedures are followed managing the resolution of complex issues
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimized
- Provide accounting policy advice and work collaboratively to produce technical accounting policy notes (as required)
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform, processes and system
- Represent the team, department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner
- Fund Financial control
- Ensure effective internal controls activities are operating and proactively identify any control gaps or risks
- Keep risk management monitoring systems up to date
- Proactively review, identify and implement efficient process enhancements to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issue robust management and implementation of projects/initiatives
- Work collaboratively with manager, staff and peers to share best practice, enhance operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the department
- Academic Qualifications: Degree or equivalent experience is essential
- Professional: Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience is essential
- Specialist knowledge / skills – UK GAAP and IFRS Financial reporting and Real Estate VAT knowledge
- Strong property investment industry knowledge/experience is essential
- Strong excel skills
- Proven experience of managing a team, leadership and people management
- Experience of managing and delivering within a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Disciplined, analytical with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic approach
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.