PR and Communications Executive
Salary £25000 - £30000 per annum
Consultant Mishka Narot
Date posted 02 September 2016
A leading Asset Manager are currently recruiting a new and exciting PR and Communications Executive role for their London office. The PR and Communications Executive will report to the PR & Communications Lead and Director of Marketing and Communication, based in London. This is a great opportunity to work for a large asset manager working in an experienced team and working directly with Head of Divisions across all regions of the organisation.
You will be a key person both in the Communication team, and in the overall Communication and Marketing function, dealing directly with press, media and wider communications.
Although this is a self-contained role, it will require the important competencies of record-keeping and co-ordination across the broader function. This exposure, supported by training and other development opportunities, will give you the right grounding to provide a Launchpad for a successful career.
- Research and draft press releases, photocalls, invitations, features, newsletters, press kits, background information sheets, status reports, Q&As and award entries
- Act as a media point of contact and responding to media enquiries
- Develop good media contacts building current and new relationships to maximise opportunities to promote the organisation as a market leader
- Liaison with media re forthcoming features, proactive role in selling in ideas and features in order to generate impactful and regular coverage
- Communications is responsible for the design, development and implementation of suitable policies and programmes (outside of public affairs) to enhance BD’s corporate reputation as a leading Wealth Management organisation that is focused on clients, teamwork and integrity
- It will also ensure that we receive ongoing feedback on our performance from external partners and media managers
- Key communications contact for the organisation
- Work within a team that is focused on strategic thinking, and will have a key part to play in supporting implementation of that strategy
- Develop actions and campaigns that raise awareness, build a voice that over time that gains external differentiation, builds engagement internally, as well as broader buy-in
- opportunity to develop a greater insight into broader communications and 2 marketing disciplines, with a longer term view as to what personal career opportunities may exist
- Support to the Director of the Communication and Marketing function will be integral to the role e.g. assisting with travel, scheduling and meeting preparation materials.
The PR and Communications Executive would ideally have extensive experience in a PR position within the financial services industry.
You should have:
- Evidence of strong project management skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Proven track record of building and managing primarily media, client / customer or other business relationships
The successful PR and Communications Executive will be resilient, self motivated, proactive and have a high level of integrity. They will show a natural curiosity about what is happening throughout the businesses’ and not be afraid to ask questions.
Apply today or find out more about the PR and Communications Executive role contact Mishka Narot on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 509 8645.