Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Adam King
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-11 2020-01-10 financial-services London London Mayfair GB GBP 25000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are working on an exciting oppurtunity for an accounts payable professional to join one of London's leading Asset Management firms based in Central London. If you have between 1-3 years accounts payable experience and are looking for a company with a great working culture and very competitive benefits, please apply and we will look to get back to you as soon as possible.
The company is a global financial advisory and asset management firm that engages in Investment Banking and Asset Management and manage around £5 billion in assets.
They are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join the Finance team within their London office. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsibile for supporting the firm's Financial Advisory business and report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Process invoices from suppliers and intercompany offices whilst ensuring the appropriate approvals are obtained (including some multi-currency invoices)
- Preparing the weekly vendor payment run via BACS
- Process monthly Corporate Credit Card (AMEX) submissions and prepare for payment via BACS
- Process Out of Pocket expenses on a weekly basis in line with company policy and prepare for payment via BACS
- Raising manual Lloyds Link & RBS Bankline Payments via BACS & CHAPS when required (including different currencies.)
- Raising and banking cheques where appropriate
- Preparation of SAP general ledger journals
- Ad-hoc queries and ability to respond to ongoing queries (internal & external)
- Working knowledge of an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger role;
- Working knowledge of SAP general ledger accounting systems would be an advantage;
- Confidence with a range of computer software including Microsoft Office, with a particular focus on Microsoft Excel;
- Appreciation of multi-currency accounting would be an advantage;
- Appreciation of the Accruals and Prepayments process;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal clients;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Accuracy and a high attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong administrative, organisational and planning skills;
- A high level of self-motivation, autonomy and initiative;
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.