Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Salary £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 16 October 20192019-10-16 2019-11-15 banking City of London London GB GBP 70000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A really good opportunity has become available with a leading UK Financial Services firm based in the City of London. The Risk and Finance team are in need of a sme Regulatory Reporting Accountant to provide expert advice around regulations and the risk impacting the firm.
A leading UK Financial Services firm based in London is in need of a Regulatory Reporting Accountant to join their business. The Financial Regulation team forms a key part of the finance function and is an essential part of the business. The team is focused on the management of financial risks, ensuring the firm is sufficiently capitalised, and reporting financial performance and levels of capitalisation to the firm’s regulator, the FCA
Financial Risk Management
- Credit Risk: monitoring banking and trading counterparty exposures, analysing credit risk factors and producing related management information;
- Liquidity Risk: understanding the liquidity requirements of the business, managing liquidity resources, designing stress tests and maintaining contingency funding arrangements;
- Market Risk: developing an understanding of the trading and settlement of securities within the business, and managing market risk exposures faced by the firm.
- Capital Adequacy: analysis of capital resources and requirements, ensuring current and forecast coverage of internal and regulatory capital ratios;
- Stress Testing: owning capital stress testing models, working with SMEs in the business to develop stress scenarios and evaluate impacts on the business;
- Regulatory Reporting: producing important financial performance and capital related submissions to the Firm’s regulators.
Cash and Liquidity Management
- Firm Money: supporting the investment of c.£200m of corporate cash in line with risk policies, and evaluating alternative investment options to minimise risk exposures;
- Client Money: supporting the investment of c.£2bn of Client Money in accordance with the FCA’s CASS rules;
- Banking Relationships: maintaining close relationships with the banking panel.
- An accountancy qualification is highly desirable (3-5 years PQE)
- Educated to degree standard with a good academic record
- A strong understanding of regulatory frameworks related to capital and liquidity
- Financial risk related experience gained in industry or practice
- Practical knowledge of FCA CASS requirements
- Experience of managing projects and delivering to deadlines
- Exposure to Financial Services essential