Accounts Payable Manager
Salary £35 - £40 per annum
Consultant Natasha Tingley
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-10-03 accountancy Northamptonshire Bedfordshire GB GBP 35 40 40 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are working with a Market leader based in Norhamptonshire for the recruitment of a Purchase Ledger Manager on a Fixed Term basis.
I am keen to hear from Experienced Purchase Ledger Managers to support our client on an initial 6 month contract.
This role is to support a busy fast paced Purchase Ledger team to improve processes and team skill sets. I am wanting to hear from 'hands on, proactive' candidates.
Ideally you would have worked in a challenging environment and have proven track record of process improvement and developing a team.
- Reviewing, weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc payment runs.
- Ensure supplier payments are accurate and timely and are correctly entered on banking websites before being release
- Ensure efficient and timely bank reconciliation process
- Reviewing Aged Creditors and taking appropriate action
- Ensure supplier accounts are maintained and managed on a timely basis and that any issues arising are communicated and addressed promptly
- Ensure compliance to purchase ledger procedures and company policies, including authorisation
- Posting debit notes to the ledger and sending out to suppliers
- Resolving Unallocated Cash issues in timely manner
- Ensuring any refunds due to the Company are collected at the earliest opportunity
- Ensuring the Supplier statement reconciliation process is effective and in line with agreed policy, and there is robust process in place for reviewing/authorising completed reconciliations
- Communicate with external suppliers including managing agents and landlords
- Liaising with internal departments such as Sourcing, Imports, Buying and Property and other teams within Finance to implement and streamline processes where required
- Authorising write offs and debit notes raised by members of the team
- Exiting suppliers as requested by sourcing and ensuring outstanding debit notes are paid
- Liaising with outsourced approvers and monitoring their performance
- Working on achieving targets set such as KPI’S including reconciling supplier accounts, cash allocation and payment within terms.
- Minimum of 3 years Managerial experience
- Proven track record of process improvement
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent system skills
- Can multi task
- Very organised
- Good interpersonal skills