VP - Fund Accountant - Equities
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annum + Standard Benefits package
Consultant Dan Jackson
Date posted 24 July 20192019-07-24 2019-09-22 banking London London GB GBP 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is seeking a VP level candidate for a city based International Bank The role will cover two hedge funds focused on Equity based strategies. This position is focused on hedge funds, managed accounts and corporate entities. Areas include the monthly Fund NAV reviews, calculation of management fees and incentive fees, monthly close of certain corporate entities, annual Fund/Corporate financial statement preparation, review, and submission process in conjunction with the annual audit, and various special projects.
The key responsibilities are:
- Participate in the preparation of annual fund/corporate financial statements
- Perform detailed financial statement reviews, tie-outs to supporting work papers, and provide value added comments for multiple funds (stand alone and master-feeder structure) and corporate trading entities.
- Conduct review of monthly estimated and final Fund NAV packages released by the external fund administrator. Ongoing review and monitoring of fund activity throughout the month.
- Liaise with internal resources (Investor Relations, Middle Office, etc.) and external fund administrator and external auditors to ensure we meet our monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work with administrator to reconcile with the prime broker daily.
- Perform recalculations of management and incentive fees.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual closes of the corporate trading related entities.
- Create documentation for fund processes / policies and procedures / new funds.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Qualified Accountant
- 7-10 years’ experience within Fund Accounting and/or Banking Finance role
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Strong team player and communication skills
- Ability to automate and rationalise process as necessary
If you have the required skill set above for this role, please contact me directly on 02075098894 or email@example.com