Financial Internal Controls Lead (Global Markets) – London
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 15 July 20192019-07-15 2019-09-13 banking City of London London GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An award-winning Bank with an impeccable reputation for its culture and internal mobility is searching for an experienced finance professional to join the expanding Financial Management team in London as Financial Internal Controls Lead (Global Markets).
As Financial Internal Controls Lead (Global Markets) you will primarily focus on SOx co-ordination responsibilities for the London Branch and most risk and controls matters within UK. You will partner with various stakeholders such as Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Corporate Audit Services (Internal Audit), Support and Front Office departments, both locally and globally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing SOx Steering Committee (clearance) meetings and other controls relevant meetings throughout the year
- Being the main “point of contact” for the external auditors, distributing their requests and ensuring the required deliverables are provided on a timely basis
- Maintaining and developing Finance SOx controls (including those with cross over activities in other departments), process flows and test plans
- Reporting half year and year end SOx results along with assessment of severity of each deficiency and planned mitigation steps (if necessary)
- Maintaining and managing Finance items on the GRC system (such as SOx testing results and sign off, management actions, events and issues);
- Production and consolidation of Finance KRIs and KPIs along with preparation of the monthly Finance Dashboard, which provides an overview of key topics and events for the month;
To succeed as Financial Internal Controls Lead (Global Markets) within London, you must have the below experience/skills:
- Accounting qualification with n understanding of control environments and SOx reporting gained in a similar role in financial services or audit function
- Control and process oriented with experience in risk related activities
- Proven understanding of how a Finance function operates within investment banking
- Basic understanding of regulations (Liquidity Reporting, Asset Encumbrance) is desirable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to manage multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm who has dedicated themselves to growing and investing in the London operation for the long term irrespective of the political landscape. Given the level of exposure and breadth of responsibility, you must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels, confidence to work independently applying a practical, solution driven mindset with an ability to understand and manage conflicting requirements.
Apply today or call me on 02075098834 to find out more.