Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 financial-services Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently recruiting on an exclusive basis for a growing Financial Services business based in Greater Manchester. The organisation that we’re representing are seeking a technically strong Financial Controller with strong commercial skills and the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The client have bold growth plans and will give the successful candidate the ability to grow within the organisation and get involved in a number of interesting projects.
Once in role the candidate will be responsible for managing a small finance division and driving commercial change across the wider organisation. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, will report directly into the FD and will take ownership of the audit process.
Specific duties include:
- Manage all aspects of financial reporting across the financial year and reporting results to the executive team
- Take ownership of the P&L and deliver cost efficiencies across the organisatio
- Lead on all aspects of forecasting and budgeting
- Business partner with a range of internal and external stakeholders and deliver complex financial information in a simplified format
- Deliver improved financial controls and governance processes across the finance division
- Implement process improvements across the finance team and deliver improved analysis and MI for the executive team
- Management of the finance team and provide support to the FD with strategic decision making
Candidates wishing to apply for the role will be a CCAB qualified accountant and will have strong background of working within financial services. The candidate will have had prior exposure to team management, will have business partnered with executive team and have led on previous commercial projects. The successful applicant will be technically strong and will have previous experience of managing reporting processes and reporting the results to the board. The candidate will be of an ambitious nature as there’s natural progression for an individual with the right beliefs and behaviours.