Underwriting & Forecasting Manager
Salary £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-16 2019-06-14 financial-services Berkshire Berkshire GB GBP 40000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The role is primarily to take responsibility for underwriting and monitoring of solicitors who are applying for and utilising a Fee Funding Product. Subsequently maintaining the portfolio in a strong healthy position alongside the organisation's credit risk appetite.
This is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Senior Credit Risk Manager. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business that’s set itself the mission to be the forward-thinking payments partner for forward thinking businesses.
This role would best suit someone with extensive experience of credit underwriting, as well as accounting experience, and with an in-depth understanding of the legal processes and controls required to mitigate risk.
The role calls for someone who is analytical and numerate but also creative, a strong communicator, a problem solver and a team player able to work to a plan, deliver results and communicate findings to stakeholders with recommendations for clear courses of action.
• Maintain Credit Policy
• Manage the lending within Credit Risk Appetite
• Analyse complex Cash Flow Management Information for Law Firms to manage Risk and Exposure
• Maintaining comprehensive and fully auditable records and files relating to the assessments and reviews undertaken
• Analysing and monitoring management accounts to ensure the ongoing viability of client law firms
• Carrying out all underwriting work in accordance with regulatory standards
• Maintain comprehensive and fully auditable records and files relating to investigation work
• Implement and Manage anti-fraud policies and procedures
• Providing the Credit Team, and wider Business, with appropriate guidance on their underwriting techniques / rationale
• Delivering results within agreed SLA’s
• Supporting Credit Team with everyday tasks and projects
Experience / Skills:
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in finance or a related field
• Relevant professional qualification an advantage
• Great eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills, strong organisational skills, excellent ability to challenge, and exceptional analytical mind are essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary
• Strong in-depth knowledge of financial accounts and statement
• Substantial Underwriting Experience with great sense check skills, being able to read companies financial information and spot the discrepancies/abnormalities in the information
• Ideally knowledge of law firms and different types of civil and commercial claims an advantage
• Ability to recognise differences in accounting policies to identify understatement or overstatement of W.I.P.
• Some understanding of the regulatory landscape.
• Broad knowledge of legal sector funding models an advantage
• Willingness to continuously educate themselves.