Finance Business Partner
Salary £65,000 - £72,000 per annum
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-04-13 financial-services Manchester GB GBP 65000 72000 72000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently sourcing a Finance Business Partner for an established business based in Greater Manchester. The client that we're representing have recently been through a major period of structural change and have recognised the need to improve their current financial information flows. The business are currently in the midst of driving through a number of key cost reduction initiatives and require an individual who has highly developed business partnering skills to facilitate this programme.
With an established team in place the Finance Business Partner plays an integral part in the delivery of a number of key programmes. Once in role the candidate will be reporting directly into the Director of Commercial Finance and will have a focus on the following key areas.
- Business partner and provide financial advice to senior stakeholders (HRD, Risk Director, IT Director ETC) to ensure the business delivers on strategic cost objectives
- Develop key financial processes and commercial strategy across the centralised group function
- Provide commercial analysis focussing on emerging trends in the sector
- Provide high level commentary on all BAU and project areas
- Take a lead on all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and financial planning
- Liaise with European stakeholders to manage the delivery of financial projects
- Provide accurate financial and management information to the executive team
- Stakeholder engagement across the project and executive team to ensure that heads are aware of the financial consequences of their decisions
- Liaise with centralised / European project finance teams to ensure that programmes are delivering in line with projections, project spend is controlled and deadlines are hit
- Provide cost recommendations across the business
- Drive through change and new initiatives that link to the target operating model
- Assist on the delivery of complex business cases and ensure that levels of governance are maintained
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a technically strong CCAB qualified accountant ideally with experience of working within financial services. The candidate will have a proven track record of entering a business and working on complex cost reduction projects with a multi-million pound spend. From a skills perspective the candidate will ideally have the ability to deal with high level stakeholders (both finance & non finance stakeholders) and communicate complex financial information. Further to this they will be have the ability to analyse large volumes of data and provide commercial recommendations to the executive team.
Ideally the candidate will have strong modelling skills and be highly proficient in Excel. Further to this the candidate will have a strong commercial, regulatory and financial understanding the workings of a larger organisation. Strong communication, organisational, planning and negotiating skills are essential.