Investment Associate - Hedge Fund
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + Very competitive bonus
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 21 January 2019 2019-01-212019-03-22 financial-services London London GB GBP 55000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading US Hedge Fund within a well established team. The ideal candidates will have an accounting qualification and Transaction Services/Deals experience from professional services, with a can-do attitude and highly commercial mindset.
Based in London, the Investment Analyst will work in the European High Yield Bond and Leveraged Loan Group. The Analyst will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio investment activities and will:
- Provide detailed bottom-up financial modeling, analysis, forecasts and valuations;
- Work with senior analysts to generate fundamental and relative value investment recommendations to the portfolio managers;
- Maintain and update written research for existing investments;
- Provide input for portfolio positioning;
- Develop and maintain business and industry due diligence;
- Monitor the performance of portfolio investments.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with 3-4 years’ experience at one of the "big 4" accountancy firms (preferably with some Transaction Services, Restructuring or Corporate Finance experience)
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance
- Financial modeling and analytical skills
- Second European language beneficial
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and He/She will be team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic qualifications, including a bachelor(s) degree from a top-tier university (2:1 or higher) and must be ACA qualified.