Group Financial Controller
Salary £100,000 - £130,000 per annum
Location North West England
Consultant Zain Megeri
Date posted 02 November 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters are partnering with a large customer centric financial services institution in the search for a talented Group Financial Controller. This iconic organisation is a true market leader and undergoing an exciting period of change. This is a newly created opportunity which will enable the role holder to lead and develop all aspects of group controllership throughout an important period of transition and group transformation. Reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer, this position will also partner with the organisation’s CIO, COO, Executive Board Members and Group Bankers to drive operational performance. You will act as the main point of contact for finance within the organisation and be tasked with leading change activity across finance systems, processes and controls with the aim of optimising efficiency and cost effectiveness. You must also possess excellent communication and presentations skills to support high level and strategic board level decisions.
Other responsibilities would include:
- Maintain the organisations accounting records and external/ internal reporting requirements.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate accounting records within the appropriate format.
- Lead contact for external auditors, directors and senior managers.
- Produce group wide annual financial reports.
- Support exec & non-exec governance including board, audit, risk and fair value committees.Build cross functional relationships and synergies by promoting collaboration and team working.
- Identify and address performance issues using systematic approach to resolve major/ highly complex/ long term problems.
- Identify and address opportunities for continuous improvement.
The ideal applicant will more than likely will have experience within the Financial Services sector, be a Qualified Accountant (ACA "Big 4" preferred) and hold at least 10 years post qualification experience either in the profession or a medium/ large commercial environment. You must possess exceptional financial acumen, technical ability and have the capacity to work alongside senior business stakeholders. In return this position offers a highly competitive salary, significant bonus potential and an excellent benefits package.
Apply on the link below, or alternatively send your Curriculum Vitae direct to Marcus Blackburn at Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call for a confidential discussion on +44 (0)161 214 7402. Web: www.robertwalters.co.uk