VP Regulatory Policy
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 08 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Banking Group covering investment, corporate and consumer banking is searching for an experienced Regulatory Policy professional to manage a portfolio of UK and Head Office relationships whilst being an SME on projects across the Group.
About the VP Regulatory Policy role:
The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain relationships at a range of levels internally across Risk, Legal, Technical Accounting, Regulatory and Financial Reporting. Additionally, building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders (regulators and legislators) will be crucial.
Previously, members of the team have gone on to senior treasury/capital management roles, business management and front-office structuring. Others have taken leadership roles in regulatory policy advisory functions in other banks and consulting practices. Alternatively, opportunities may exist to develop into more senior roles within Policy or Finance more broadly.
- Operate as SME to group function where regulatory developments are concerned
- Drive problem solving for Group wide prudential regulatory issues.
- Support Group led projects which require prudential regulation SME knowledge
- Provide technical regulatory support covering New Product Approvals, capital applications, business planning and market disclosure considerations relating to UK prudential regulation
- Pro-actively checking regarding implementation, identifying and escalating material gaps.
- Be aware of approaches adopted by competitors.
- Track proposed rule changes from Basel through to enactment in EU & UK legislation/regulation & beyond.
- Liaise with businesses and impacted functions to shape meaningful, interpretation & implementation planning.
The successful candidate will have keen analytical skills, with drive and ability to understand and apply unfamiliar regulatory requirements quickly and accurately. You will be able to evaluate corporate structures / new products, understanding the salient features and commercial drivers.
Strong interpersonal, influencing and team working skills are essential, with the capability to build and sustain effective working relationships, driving technically robust outcomes, whilst still promoting strategic/commercial objectives of the business.
Apply today or call me on 02075098834 to find out more.