Head of Fund Control
Salary £90,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-28 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A great opportunity has arisen with an established private equity firm based in London. They are looking for a Head of Fund Control to lead their fund control team.
A fantastic opportunity has become available where a reputable private equity firm is looking for a someone to lead the fund control team as the Head of Fund Control.
The successful candidate will lead the Fund Control team within the Fund Support function. The Fund Support function consists of Fund Control, Fund Administration, Carried Interest and Co-invest, and Portfolio Monitoring. Whilst Fund Administration has teams responsible for each specific asset class, the Fund Control team, based in London, is ultimately responsible to the Head of Fund Support for ensuring all Fund related activity across asset classes follows best in class practices
Areas Covered Include:
- Deal facilitation across the various offices, including co-ordination of internal and external parties in-order to ensure optimal structuring of investments in accordance with the Fund documents.
- Liaising with the Deal Team, Lawyers and advisors to ensure investment and exit processes are followed and structuring is optimised for all stakeholders.
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Playing an active role in delivery of the Group’s tax planning strategy
- Co-ordination of external tax advisors i) throughout the life of the Fund to ensure all investments are structured efficiently, and ii) ensuring compliance with UK and other foreign tax requirements
Fund Control team and regular activities
- Manage two qualified accounts based in London who are responsible for the Financial Control of the Private Equity funds. Ensuring all financial information and reports are reviewed and accurate, and advising the Fund Administrators as required. Key reporting includes:
- Quarterly Fair Value process in accordance with IPEV Valuation Guidelines
- Quarterly NAV and capital account reporting
- Annual audited and interim financial statement
- Have experience of managing teams and multiple external service providers
- Have experience of Private Equity structures
- Have experience of deal structuring across multiple entities and jurisdictions
- Used to a control environment providing independent verification
- Used to liaising with senior management, and managing strong individuals
- Very strong communication skills
- Motivational and used to delivering process development
- Foreign languages an advantage, although not necessary
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA)
- A qualified accountant with at least 6 years’ PQE. Experience of working in a Private Equity Fund