Financial Control Manager
Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Dan Jackson
Date posted 02 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
About the role The Financial Controller/Finance Manager, forms part of the team which is responsible for financial control oversight of the group's businesses. This Manager role in London plays a key part in implementing and managing the financial control framework for the associated group's business in London. Please note there are 3 roles available.
- Responsible for implementation of the financial control framework including overseeing monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, reconciliations and understanding the process flows for booking key revenue lines and asset classification.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly Group Finance and Tax deliverables.
- Driving operational excellence initiatives.
- Contribute to ad hoc business aligned projects as required
- Assist with the Group audit process.
- Assist with technical accounting analysis and implementation of new products.
- Assist with the LEC responsibilities including monthly review of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss, quarterly and annual returns, monthly tax calculations, and review of work prepared by a junior team member.
- Assist with financial control functions of other business areas as required.
- Reviewing proposed transactions for appropriate accounting and commercial treatment, and coordinate Group approvals
- Responsible for reporting deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory and Legal Entity Control) – both regular and ad-hoc in nature
- Responsible for calculation and posting of monthly Transfer Pricing calculations
- Close interaction with fund accountants and trade booking team to ensure correct booking of Fund activities.
- Liaison with other areas of the group which will include Group Finance, Regulatory Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
- Close interaction with offshore Finance teams including coordination of weekly meetings to resolve outstanding queries in a timely manner.
You will have:
- A University degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification or international experience
- Experience in a similar role, with the technical competency to be able to deal with managed funds products.
- Experience of managing a small team and motivating and developing staff in both onshore and offshore locations, whilst contributing to a wider high performing team
- Strong technical accounting (IFRS / FRS101) knowledge and experience
- Strong internal and external stakeholder engagement skills, and the ability to take ownership of key stakeholder relationships
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks for self and team
- Ambition, with a high level of energy and commitment
- A high level of accuracy, and be able to adopt a right first time approach
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to re-assess / re-engineer work processes
- Comfortable with tackling new concepts
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with the ability to think logically and commercially
- Strong client service skills, and control/ risk awareness
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience required above.