Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 28 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a small and growing investment firm in London has a great opportunity within their finance department. The firm is seeking to recruit a Group Financial Controller, reporting to the Head of Group Finance. The key aspects of the role include assisting in the structure, management and reporting of financial operations as well as being a key participant in the strategic changes underway within the department.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a rapidly growing investment firm based in central London. The firm is seeking to recruit a Group Financial Controller, reporting to the Head of Group Finance. The key aspects of the role include assisting in the structure, management and reporting of financial operations as well as being a key participant in the strategic changes underway within the department.
- Continually review, challenge, revise and implement changes to the financial accounting and Management Information (MI) systems to provide maximum insight into company performance
- Drive the Finance function (resourcing and systems) to provide greater insight into the business by providing granular and relevant information on which business decisions can be made
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely MI to the Board and EXCO to ensure that areas of the business under their control can be properly measured and managed
- To take ownership of the Management Reporting pack of financial and performance data, including comparison of actual results against budget and prior periods, together with commentary, revenue recognition and Key Performance Indicators
- Guide, coach and supervise other team members and ensure there is back up for each role
- Ensure that all financial controls are in place across the company so to eliminate financial risk and loss, for example through the completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring that they are kept up-to-date, that supporting evidence is filed and that reconciling items are cleared on a monthly basis
- Ownership of statutory and management accounts together with forecasts supported by appropriate analysis, commentary and presentation to the Finance Director, Board and EXCO
- Ad-hoc project work: driving and supporting commercial and operational projects related to the continuing growth and development of the business (Operational platform, Finance systems)
- Systems development: review, devise and implement changes to the accounting system in conjunction with IT and software suppliers to maximise efficiencies
- Assist with the formal budget and forecasting processes; ad-hoc financial modeling to support business decisions
- Responsibility for all aspects of Corporate Tax and VAT and coordinating with external parties
- To participate in all major projects of the business, long term planning, finance system implementations, major capital expenditures and provide expert input on accounting, internal control and reporting
- To lead discussions on revenue recognition, accounting policy, financial performance and profitability of business segments
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified, having trained within practice and with 4 years post-qualified experience of group statutory account preparation to IFRS standards and reporting within a corporate environment. A key part of the role will be to prepare and present reports to Group and key stakeholders on a regular basis, therefore excellent presentation and inter-personal skills are essential. The candidate should ideally have a proven track record in staff recruitment, management and development. Experience of working within a high growth or listed environment would be advantageous. The desire to learn, progress and succeed within an ambitious environment is essential.