Salary £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
Consultant William Smati
Date posted 18 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently working on an exciting entry level position within the Banking sector. This would suit someone who is dynamic, with a strong work ethic and keen to learn. My client would consider candidates who have completed their A-levels, looking for their first move into Banking & Accounting.
This is an exciting opportunity for a "hands on" Accounts Trainee to work within the Finance team in the Company's London Office which is located in the heart of the city. This role will report to the Financial Controller.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The role holder will be responsible for provision of adequate support for the Finance team. The key responsibilities include:
- Petty cash administration
- Invoice batching and processing
- Posting of journals and invoices
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Processing of Accrual and Prepayments
- Processing Expense claims
- Liaising with suppliers and internal customers
- Handling invoice queries
- General administrative support for the Finance team.
- GCSE and A-Levels required
- Willing to pursue a career in Accounting (AAT)
- Experience in Accounts Payable with a willingness to learn is desirable.
- Good analytical and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Use of Sage Line 50 (desirable)
- Good inter-personal skills - Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Drive, motivation and initiative.
Why work in Finance?
The Finance team works with all the departments within the Bank as well as the Executive Committee to provide financial, regulatory and management information for decision making that drives the Bank’s overall business strategy. Working in the Finance team provides a well- rounded view of the Bank thus constantly providing challenges on how to provide timely and accurate information relevant for decision making.
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package.