Director of Financial Crime & Analytics
Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 06 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Director Financial Crime & Analytics The Financial Crime team is a key contributor to our organisations strategic growth initiatives. We have achieved rapid year-on-year growth since the team’s inception and have set ourselves ambitious targets to maintain this momentum. We are keen to continue to create innovative market-leading fraud solutions and keen to develop new financial crime-focussed propositions.
Provide subject matter expertise in the following areas: sanctions screening, fraud detection and prevention, market abuse and regulatory breach monitoring, and AML transaction monitoring.
- Lead in the development financial crime-focussed propositions that address the regulatory and commercial challenges of financial crime
- Work directly with stakeholders to develop and implement focused team strategy and pursue future growth ambitions.
- Identify and manage risk, ensuring our risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for multiple client-facing objectives and be the point of contact for senior client stakeholders.
- Acquire and sustain cohesive relationships with key stakeholder contacts and colleagues.
- Mentor your team and encourage the development of relevant skills and knowledge.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of the current challenges affecting finance / banking in the financial crime space and the appropriate technology used to overcome them.
- Proven experience of working in large financial institutions and preferably leading the technology or data work stream.
- Experience of interacting with senior contacts; MLRO, CRO, CTO etc.
- Experience in the development of technological solutions for KYC/CDD, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening or fraud prevention.
- A strong commercial understanding of how financial crime operates in financial organisations / banks and their challenges.
- A proven ability to develop client relationships and maintain professional networks.
- Proven experience of leading teams
- Demonstrable core fraud skills and experience, including creating new ideas.