Regulatory Policy Controller
Salary £85000 - £95000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Charlie Paddock
Date posted 20 February 2017
A global Financial Services company is seeking a Regulatory professional to join their Reporting, Analysis and Planning function in their London office. This strategic opportunity covers the capital management and policy area, providing valuable insight from the BAU reporting team.
The role will support the Regulatory Head in respect of the following key activities and thereby contribute to the successful delivery of the overall objectives of the UK Controller team.
The applicable regulatory requirements relate to a number of legal entities, specifically the main UK Banking subsidiary as well as several investment firm subsidiaries in the UK.
- Assess impact of new regulation and requirements on the UK legal entities
- Technical support to Regulatory Reporting and Change Management teams
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
- Support the business lines in decision making where there are regulatory impacts to be considered.
- Support efforts towards continuous improvement in the control environment around regulatory reporting
- Review and analysis of the regulatory reporting processes in the UK legal entities
- Particular focusing on technical oversight of COREP capital and liquidity reporting under CRD IV
- Analysis of changes and insight into the drivers
- Input to forecasting and capital planning in respect of the ICAAP
- Oversight of the daily capital adequacy, liquidity and large exposures calculations
- Working with the EMEA Regulatory Head to help drive change
- Understand new regulatory requirements and how they will impact the UK entities
- Work with the change management team as the Regulatory SME for the UK
- Support for Business lines assessing impact of new product or product changes, group legal entity restructuring and other projects
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or overseas equivalent)
- Financial services industry experience
- Detailed knowledge and past experience of COREP capital and liquidity reporting under CRD IV
- Knowledge of FinStudio system would be an advantage.
- Highly organised with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Team player, with strong ability to influence and communicate
If you wish to discuss the role further please call Charlie Paddock on 02075098333 or send your CV to Charlie.email@example.com