Head of Compliance - Oxford based investment manager
Consultant Jamie Anderson
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-07-04 financial-services Oxfordshire Oxfordshire GB GBP 500 700 700 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Oxford based Investment Manager is looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to support their expanding business. They are looking for someone with broad experience across Venture Capital and Infrastructure with particular emphasis on Infrastructure.
The Oxford based Investment Manager is seeking someone to join their Oxford office with substantial compliance experience from within a financial institution ideally. They are looking for someone who will be reasonable for managing all of the day-to-day functions and operations within the Compliance department.
Head of Compliance Key responsibilities:
- Manage team members on a day-to-day basis, undertaking all associated performance management responsibilities
- Support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) with managing the day-to-day operation and activities in respect of financial crime throughout the firm
- Monitor and assess regulatory developments and review regulatory change and guidance relating to compliance, interpret laws, rules, principles and regulatory initiatives and consider the impact upon the business
- Manage ongoing development, management, maintenance and testing of the firm’s business continuity plans and arrangements
- Responsible for the management of the Compliance Monitoring Programme implemented within the firm
- Substantial compliance experience within a financial institution
- Previously Head of Compliance (SMF16) experience within another Investment Manager
- Proactive leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand business needs and address conflicts
- Methodical with a risk based and strategic mindset.
- Understanding of banking and securities laws and the UK Financial Services.
If you would be interested in this Head of Compliance opportunity please contact Jamie Anderson on Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org / 02075098261