Compliance Testing Officer – Vice President
Salary £80,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Emily Pearce
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 banking London London GB GBP 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Global Investment Bank is looking for an experienced auditor or compliance monitoring & testing professional to join their business. You will be involved with undertaking testing across sales & trading, investment banking, asset management and wealth management. The role will be based in Canary Wharf and have responsibility for a small team.
Compliance Monitoring & Testing Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and delivery of a portfolio of Compliance Tests and Reviews across the business units covered by the EMEA Compliance Testing programme and in line with the role and purpose of the Compliance Testing function. Focus on the key compliance risks and take a proportionate approach to scoping tests and completing testing efficiently to make the best use of available resources.
- Coordinate the investigation and escalation of potential Issues and documenting appropriate remedial Actions. Manage closure verification of Actions following completion, including the assessment of evidence to support closure. - Understand and provide expertise on Compliance Testing policy and procedures, including in relation to scoping, sampling, QA, and documentation
- Oversee and guide junior team members, including assisting with Quality Control on tests completed by other team members
- Prepare aspects of Compliance Testing management information on the work and findings of EMEA Compliance Testing - Help enhance the Compliance testing programme as it evolves, liaising with the EMEA Compliance Coverage teams and relevant global teams and contributing to global discussions on testing matters and sharing best practice.
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience of Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, and/or Asset Management, whether though Compliance experience or working within the business or other controls functions. Prior experience of Compliance Testing useful but not essential
- Ability to identify the key compliance risks in the area subject to testing and to think creatively about how these risks might manifest in practice and how a test could seek to identify this
- Good analytical and numerical skills, able to learn new concepts
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with members of the Compliance Department and employees in the business units and control functions subject to testing, challenging information received or decision made in a constructive way.
- Broad understanding of the FCA and PRA Handbooks and the approach of regulators in EMEA and globally, with particular focus on US regulators.
- Attention to detail and proactive. Confidence to use own initiative and apply judgment in an in-house context.
- Ability to manage delivery of a portfolio of tests and work programmes - Ability to be effective under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and aspiration to learn and develop.