£25,000 - £28,000 per annum
20 March 2019
Mortgage Underwriter – Bank
Our client, a National Bank, are seeking an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to join their established team in branch and provide a friendly, efficient and professional mortgage underwriting service to customers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process mortgage Decision in Principle (DIP) requests from intermediaries.
- Process mortgage applications and complete all procedural administrative documentation efficiently liaising with the customer during the application process.
- Maintain accurate records and notes throughout all stages of the mortgage application.
- To approve mortgage applications (direct and introduced) within specified limits in accordance with Lending Policy.
- To consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exist.
- To present out of criteria cases to Credit Risk Committee with appropriate recommendations and rationale.
- To maintain professional business relationships with BDMs, mortgage introducers and external contacts, providing information and guidance when required.
- Maintain knowledge and comply with all legal responsibilities and codes of conduct which must comply with i.e. Vulnerable Customers, AML, MCOB, DPA, FCA etc.
- To deal with customer dissatisfaction and complaints as required.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of products, policy, processes and procedures.
- Capture all risk events and near misses on the events log within 48 hours of identification.
You will ideally have:
- CeMap qualification or industry equivalent is required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of Microsoft packages including word & excel.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Salary £25,000 to £28,000 plus benefits