Compliance Officer, Leading Sovereign Wealth Fund
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Megan Craighead
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-12 banking City of London London St. Paul's Churchyard, London GB EC4V 5EY GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
I'm currently recruiting for one of the oldest and largest sovereign wealth offices in the world based in central London. This hire will be reporting directly into the Head of Legal and Compliance and supporting on day to day compliance issues while implementing and operating all controls, policies, and procedures. The hiring manager is looking for someone with proven front office and/or monitoring compliance experience.
- Generally, to implement and operate (assisting the Head of Legal and Compliance) all applicable compliance systems, controls, policies and procedures
- Specifically, to assist in the implementation and operation of systems, controls, policies and procedures that support the ad-hoc and periodic (as applicable) monitoring of investment proposals, decisions, transactions for all assets, including Equities, Fixed Income, Treasury, Property, Direct Investments and Private Equity, both internally and externally managed
- Specifically, to periodically and on an ad-hoc basis (as applicable) monitor compliance with Office audit recommendations, investment mandates, trade guidelines, applicable regulatory requirements and best practice. This includes, without limitation, monitoring consolidated daily exposures, limits and periodic activity against predefined market and relationship categories such as manager, market, industry, security, broker, counterparty, currency and institutions
- A bachelor degree from a top tier university
- Ideally 4-6 years of experience of working in a front office or monitoring compliance capacity.
- A strong compliance background in financial services, preferably within the front office compliance function of a ‘bulge bracket’ firm that requires regulatory experience.