Head of Compliance & Operational Risk (Pensions)
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-01 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A large financial services organisation is currently seeking a Head of Compliance & Operational Risk to join its operations. The purpose of the role is to develop and manage a compliance and operational risk team that supports a pension administration operation.
Key duties include:
- Manage the daily activities of a compliance and operational risk team
- Working with senior stakeholders to develop, implement, maintain and report against the operational risk framework, including the development and maintenance of a comprehensive risk register.
- Ongoing review of the Operational Risk and Compliance Framework, generating recommendations for change based on residual risk where appropriate.
- Responding to breaches of compliance through escalation to senior stakeholders.
- Implementing and maintaining an effective compliance program across all areas of the business to ensure that activities comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Compliance monitoring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Act as a central point of reference and expertise and provide advice proactively on Pensions regulations.
- Promoting awareness and understanding of regulatory training and competence requirements.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective data privacy framework
The successful candidate will have:
- Background of leading a compliance and operational risk monitoring team
- Good working knowledge of rules and regulations affecting pension administration
- Ideally relevant compliance and/or operational risk industry related qualifications
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, statutes etc. and to identify potential problems
- Pro-active and enquiring approach to actual and potential business activities
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to propose realistic recommendations
- Effective organisation and planning
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in a large organisation with excellent career prospects. Please apply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.