Head Of AML - Sydney Based Role
Salary £110,000 - £135,000 per annum
Consultant Dugald Locke
Date posted 02 August 2018 2018-08-022018-10-01 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Oversee the planning, execution and reporting of AML related control assessments across the Enterprise. As the Head of AML Controls Assurance within Enterprise Controls you will be responsible for leading a team of AML & Controls specialists to provide control guidance, support and assisting the business execute their risk management accountabilities specific to AML/CTF & Sanction requirements.
The role is critical in providing services across the Enterprise supporting the execution of risk management accountabilities, business improvement and change opportunities specific to AML related controls. The activities performed by the Head of , are directed and agreed with the GM Enterprise Controls.
Core Responsibitilities -
- Leadership of NAB’s controls assurance team responsible for the execution of controls testing across all AML/CTF related business processes and activities – approximately 30 testing resources;
- Testing of key AML controls and conducting issue validations to ensure business activities are within the risk appetite of the Bank and that internal controls are in place and functioning effectively to support management decision-making that protects our assets and adheres to applicable enterprise policies, AML program requirements, laws and regulations.
This role leads the team that evaluates the effectiveness of controls and verifies sustainable remediation actions have been taken to address identified control weaknesses. This is achieved through the development and execution of an enterprise-wide controls assurance plan covering both control design and operating effectiveness for AML/CTF controls, and for the development and presentation of the results of testing to stakeholders;
- Responsible for recommending control uplifts where controls are deemed to be ineffective;
- Work with the enterprise Financial Crime subject matter experts in the first and second lines to support the uplift of NAB’s financial crime control environment;
- Building and maintaining current, detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and sanctions matters including AML risk drivers and typologies, AML and Sanctions regulatory requirements and best practices related to the risk assessment and management processes;
- Demonstrated success in formulating medium and long term risk management strategies to ensure all risk obligations are met and that risk is a value adding enabler of the business strategy.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior stakeholders, and establishing effective processes and methods to ensure satisfactory performance
The Person (Critical experience) -
- Proven ability to lead large high performing teams.
- 10 -15 years’ experience in Financial Crime Risk Management for a financial institution(s).