Salary £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Emily Pearce
Date posted 25 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Asset Management Department (formerly Investment Management Department) is responsible for the supervision of Asset Management firms, ranging from small, independent investment managers up to sophisticated financial services groups with a large impact on the retail market.
The key responsibilities;
- Developing and establishing a new supervisory strategy for the 'Alternatives' portfolio of firms.
- Project managing the delivery of the 'Alternatives' portfolio strategy.
- Acting as Portfolio Lead for 'Alternatives' portfolio, including in relation to portfolio and ongoing data analysis.
- Working alongside other supervisors within the Department, to ensure consistency in approach with the wider Departmental strategy.
- Reacting to mitigate harm where it has manifested among 'Alternative' firms.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of working within financial services and the asset management sector in particular. Such experience could be derived from roles with significant exposure to the sector, for example within a regulator or other public sector body.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Strong people management skills
- Project management skills.
- Strategic thinking seeing trends and understanding the wider context within which Alternatives firms operate.
- An analytical mind-set and a risk-based approach to decision making and judgements.
- Operating with confidence in an environment of uncertainty, complexity and rapid change.
- Experience gained with a regulatory body in a supervisory or similar role.
- Experience of managing a team of direct reports of varying levels of experience and seniority.
- Understanding the business models of and risks specific to asset managers.
- A passion for public service.