Global Head of Compliance - Hedge Fund
Salary £120,000 - £160,000 per annum
Consultant Peter Jecks
Date posted 26 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A highly successful Hedge Fund in the West End is looking for a new Global Head of Compliance.
Global Head of Compliance
- Experience in a senior level Compliance Function (in-house or consultancy), preferably within Asset Management.
- Proven record of working in accordance with all regulatory, compliance and conduct risk policies.
- Proven experience of contributing to strategy and operational plans in a regulated environment.
- Direct experience of dealing with some or all of the FCA, SEC, CFTC, MAS, CSSF, CBI, CONSOB and Japanese FSA
- Proven understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Strong appreciation of Compliance and Conduct Risk and how these are embedded within a business.
- Strong product knowledge.
- UCITS, AIFMD and MiFID knowledge.
Without limiting the foregoing, the responsibilities of the Global Head of Compliance include:
- Maintaining relations with regulators on a global basis.
- Completing all applicable regulatory reporting globally.
- Staying abreast of all new regulation globally, ascertaining whether it applies to the business, and implementing the necessary enhancements into the business.
- Implementation of an appropriate Compliance Monitoring Program globally.
- Implementation and management of a Compliance Monitoring System.
- Monitoring of investment mandate restrictions.
- Ensuring outsourcing arrangements are appropriate.
- Ensuring all Financial Promotions are fair, clear and not misleading.
- Ensuring marketing is done in line with local requirements and managing the passporting process.